Our credit union was chartered June 4, 1937 to serve the employees of the Radford Pipe Shop and was originially named the "Radford Pipe Shop Employees Federal Credit Union".
- As the years went by and new employers were added and the Radford Pipe Shop closed we decided it was time for a new name.
- We became the First NRV Federal Credit Union in early 2011. In 2017 we will be celebrating 80 years of service to our members.
- The year of 2017 also brought other major changes with it as well, and the biggest one being the success of our merger at the end of the 2016 year.
- 1st NRV merged with Carroll County Scools Employees Credit Union, and we are excited for the chance to serve our new members in the community of Hillsville.
- We look forward to the coming years, and we look also look forward to the growth we will achieve together!