Our credit union was chartered June 4, 1937 to serve the employees of the Radford Pipe Shop and was called Radford Pipe Shop Employees Federal Credit Union. As the years went by and new employers were added and the Radford Pipe Shop closed we decided it was time for a new name. We became the First NRV Federal Credit Union in early 2011. In 2017 we will be celebrating 80 years of service to our members. The year of 2017 also brought other major changes with it as well, and the biggest one being the success of our merger at the end of the 2016 year. 1st NRV merged with Carroll County Scools Employees Credit Union, and we are excited for the chance to serve our new members in the community of Hillsville. We look forward to the coming years, and we look also look forward to the growth we will achieve together.