First NRV Credit Union was first chartered on June 4, 1937.
This was done to help serve the needs of the employees of the Radford Pipe Shop,
and was originially named the "Radford Pipe Shop Employees Federal Credit Union".
- As the years went by, and new employers came to the area, the Radford Pipe Shop closed. At this point, we decided it was time for a new name.
- We took on the name First NRV Federal Credit Union in early 2011.
- In 2017 we celebrated the 80 years of service that we have given to our members. Who knew 80 looked this good!
- The year of 2017 brought many other major changes with it as well, one of those being the successful merger with Carroll County School Employees Credit Union at the end of the 2016 year.
- We are extremely excited for this opportunity, and we look forward to the growth that we can achieve together!
As we look to the future of our credit union, we are setting the bar extremely high.
Through the year of 2018, we will be rolling out the following changes:
- Stay on your toes...a new and improved, and fully interactive website is on the way!
- Stay mobile with First NRV Credit Union's Mobile Application on the Android Market & Apple Store. ETA Q1 2018, stay tuned for more updates!
This one deserves its own section...
- Our membership charter expansion was approved at the end of 2017!!!
- First NRV Credit Union will now be offering membership to all of the following areas:
- Carroll County, Virginia
- Floyd County, Virginia
- Galax City, Virginia
- Pulaski County. Virginia
- Radford, Virginia